Daniel M. Isard, MSFS is one of the most highly sought after death care industry speakers. He has presented over 500 speeches to various funeral home and cemetery trade groups, published more than 250 articles and has written 4 books including its publisher’s best-seller. Dan is also a monthly contributor to The Director with his column “Finance 101” and The ICCFA Magazine with his “Cemetery Impossible” column.
Dan combines firsthand experience gained from providing management consulting to over 2,000 funeral homes and cemeteries (including HR, profitability, accounting, preneed, aftercare, merchandising, operations, marketing, tax planning, website development, customer survey and more) with a sense of humor and a touch of logic that keeps audiences energized and learning.
Dan is the president of The Foresight Companies, LLC. Recognizing that state association meetings and conventions are a time for colleagues to socialize as well as to be exposed to new information that can enrich both their business and their personal lives, Dan’s approach and format fits right in. Dan will motivate your attendees by providing an exciting learning atmosphere that will leave them feeling energized to tackle the future when they go back to their day-to-day routines.
- Almost every state association at least once! (with many encore appearances)
- NFDA Annual Conventions and Meetings
- ICCFA Conventions and Sales Meetings
- OGR Seminars
- SIFH Seminars
- NFD&MA Seminars
- Numerous For-Profit Seminars
Dan has given over 250 presentations to industry groups over the past 20 years. His use of humor, technology and powerful handouts give attendees a solid experience and something to refer to at a later date. Funeral Service Insider has said, “Dan Isard is the finest speaker in funeral service!”
Adaptable Group Size
- Small study groups of 10 individuals
- Roundtable facilitation and discussion
- Groups of 500 convention attendees
- Intimate groups of 25-50 association members are especially popular
Some of Dan’s more frequently requested topics are:
- Funeral Service at the Intersection of Service and Profit (new for 2015!)
- Know What Your Families are Thinking!
- Preneed, Meal Ticket To the Future or Will it Eat Your Lunch?
- Cremation – What Will It Urn You?
- Accounting and Taxation Explained in a Way That Won’t Bore You!
- Aftercare Benefits Your Business and Your Families
- Business Ethics – A Guide To Inner Peace and Outward Prosperity
- Protecting Yourself and Your Business From Litigation Misfortune
- How To Expand Your Business by Baby Steps or Leaps and Bounds
- How to Account for Your Business
- Profit is Not A Dirty Word!
- Technology for the 21st Century Funeral Home
- Business Succession Planning for the Family Funeral Home
- Valuing Your Funeral Home
In addition, Dan can tailor a presentation to meet the specific needs of your group. Discussions of timely and current local issues and trends will be integrated into the program. Dan is also called upon to do an after dinner speech that is more humorous about his 4 decades serving funeral homes. This 30 minute session of entertainment sets the convention crowd smiling and promises retelling some of his bad jokes and funny stories at their own Rotary meetings.
Presentations vary in length from 1 hour to half a day. More than one presentation may be scheduled per program half day.
Please let us know what your time options are when requesting our participation in your next meeting.
We have not increased our fees – the investment to have Dan Isard attend your seminar for one day, remains $2,500 plus travel, lodging expenses and one convention registration if required.
New Additional Value! A complimentary copy of Dan’s latest book, The Complete Preneed Perspective or What Every Funeral Director and Cemeterian Should Know About Cremation, will be provided as a raffle or door prize for your attendees. ($250 value)